British boarding schools require international students, whose parents live abroad to have an Educational Guardian resident in the UK. Appointed by the parents, this is a responsible adult whom the school can contact routinely, who is encouraged to take an active interest in the student's education and act "in loco parentis" in emergencies. The appointment and support of Educational Guardian are essential to all international boarding students. For many students from abroad, their guardians are their parent’s representatives in this country, vital in times of emergency or need of support and advice.
As Educational Guardians, we will represent the parents' interests, safeguard the students' rights and welfare, and act "in loco parentis" should the need arise. We will also represent parents at parents-teachers meetings and discuss students' progress on parents' behalf. We will arrange host families' stay during the school holidays for students who are not returning home. We will act as a link between parents, students and schools.
Why does my child need an Educational Guardian?
- Most boarding schools will only offer your child a place if they have a UK based guardian.
- If you do not have family or close friends in the UK, your child will need an Educational Guardian.
- We are here to help if you want your child to be safe and well cared for when staying in the UK.
Where can we offer you guardianship?
- We can offer you our Guardianship Services in Kent, East & West Sussex, Hampshire, Surrey, and London.
- We also offer guardianship in other counties of England, particularly in Oxfordshire and Yorkshire, where we have our local guardianship coordinators and host families.
What do we do as Educational Guardians?
As Educational Guardians, we do everything to ensure your child is safe and well looked after while studying in the UK boarding school.
- We communicate with schools, parents and students.
- We visit our guardianship students at school.
- We attend parents’ evenings and other vital events.
- We arrange our students' stay with host families.
- We arrange transport with carefully selected drivers.
- We provide 24/7 contact for emergencies.
Why choose us to become your child's Educational Guardians?
- We have many years of professional experience in Educational Guardianship and private education in Great Britain.
- We fully understand how to interpret and relay the messages between the students, private boarding schools, and parents living abroad.
- We can give professional advice on all aspects of the guardianship process, school placement and university entry.
- We have built up a vast network of invaluable contacts in the UK.
How to apply for Guardianship?
- If you would like to choose us to be your child’s educational guardians, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our inquiry form.
- Once received, we will send you a registration form to complete and a list of documents required.